MARCH 4, 2013 / 7:00-9:00pm
The Chapel, 6238 Alexander Dr., Clayton, MO 63105.
Auditions will consist of cold readings from both scripts. Please bring a resume and a headshot.
The Woman in Black directed by Rachel Tibbetts
A ghost story performed by two actors, this play-within-a-play is about a menacing specter, storytelling, and the nature of fear. A lawyer hires an actor to tutor him in recounting to family and friends a story that has long troubled him concerning events that transpired when he attended the funeral of an elderly recluse. There he caught sight of the Woman in Black, the mere mention of whom terrifies the locals, for she is a specter who haunts the neighborhood where her illegitimate child was accidentally killed. The lawyer has invited some friends to watch as he and the actor recreate the events.
- SATE is casting the role of the Kipps (the older actor) – male, will play multiple parts of the others involved in the story being told by Kipps and the Actor
- Role of Actor has been cast.
- Role of Woman in Black has been cast.
- Production Dates: October 30-November 9, 2013 (Wednesday through Saturday performances) at The Chapel
- Come prepared with all known conflicts from September 30-November 9, 2013
Bachelorette directed by Rachel Tibbetts
Ten years out of high school, Regan, Gena and Katie convene in the luxurious bridal suite of their old friend, Becky, the night before her wedding in New York City. Fueled by jealousy and resentment, the girls embark on a night of debauchery that goes from playfully wasted to devastatingly destructive. Their old fears, unfulfilled desires and deep bonds with each other transform a prenuptial bender into a night they'll never forget. A wicked black comedy about female friendship and growing up in an age of excess.
- SATE is casting the following roles:
- Gena (JEH-nuh): late 20s/early 30s “a force to be reckoned with … always the sexiest woman in the room … alternately commanding and compassionate personality”
- Katie: late 20s/early 30s “a true beauty … has a child-like unawareness of her sexuality. Her looks and wits have been dulled by years of binge drinking but her naïveté and smile are hard to resist.”
- Becky: late 20s/early 30s “is indeed technically overweight but very pretty … she carries herself with confidence and dignity.”
- Jeff: late 20s/early 30s “a good-looking guy who actually swaggers … Jeff is self-assured with maybe a successful middle management job, probably graduated summa cum laude”
- Joe: late 20s/early 30s “a variation of those easy-going stoner types that have become so fashionable … Joe is in no way the fashionable version. More like listens-to-jam-bands-and-John-Zorn version.”
- Role of Regan has been cast.
- Production Dates: May 7-17, 2014 (Wednesday through Saturday performances).
- Come prepared with all known conflicts from April 7-May 17, 2014
If you would like to audition, please e-mail: email@example.com. Please indicate which production you will be auditioning for and what times you are available. All positions are paid. Casting is the decision of the producers.
Slightly Askew Theatre Ensemble is a non-profit, 501(c)(3), with the mission to encourage and enable an intense exploration of movement-based theatre through ongoing training, education, and collaboration.